How to Apply

To enter the program, a student must submit an application to the minor’s committee. Applicants to the Minor in Civic and Community Engagement:

  • Must have a minimum overall GPA of 2.0.
  • Must identify a “minor adviser” who should be a member of the Penn State Faculty. A student’s minor adviser may be his or her major adviser or the campus’ minor coordinator. Students are encouraged to select any faculty member who they feel can assist them in clarifying their career goals in relation to the minor and in developing a strong academic plan for the minor.
  • May apply 9 credits toward the minor that also count toward their major, as well as 9 that count toward another minor. Past credit-bearing fieldwork experience and completed courses may be retroactively included in the plan of study, but must be approved by the minor adviser and CIVCM committee.

A grade of C or better is required for all courses in the minor.

To apply, please fill out this application form: